Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Lived there, lived there, lived there next to this guy who came to worship our Christmas Tree


I'm a big fan of The Reader (who isn't, well I'm sure some people aren't) and I often imagine the people who actually work their being too cool for school San Diegans who make it their job to expose the bitter underbelly of the entertainment capital of the world. I write about "hey here's something fun to do in San Diego" and they write about "hey here's a corrupt city council men and what he's been doing in San Diego."


I am not a hard nosed, ear to the ground journalist (as I would get a little lost on the way to my in your face interviews and end up at some Transfer show) but I do appreciate The Reader's attempt to educate as well as provide pages and pages of ads for cheap boob jobs.


This weeks reader is a littl different, as explained by The Editor:


Editor's note: More than 600 San Diegans submitted stories for the Reader "My Neighborhood" writing contest. Ocean Beach led all communities with over 20 entries. Writers 10 to 87 years old sent pieces from as far north as Fallbrook and as far south as Tijuana and from most every neighborhood in between. A Marine lieutenant in Iraq wrote to us about the La Jolla neighborhood he misses. Over the next four weeks, 41 of the best neighborhood stories will appear in the Reader.


The stories are cute. The cover story recounts the home you can find in North Clairemont (I lived there, I actually liked Clairemont... they were simple times. Then one time our next door neighbor who had no other family came over and saw I put up a Christmas tree and proceeded to worship said Christmas tree, gently caressing it's blue and white lights and humming to himself. Finally he asked if we could take a picture together in front of the tree (not even kidding) and when my at the time boyfriend went to snap it, our neighbor looks down at my chest and says "man you've got some great tits." And that is North Clairemont...).


Come to discover people can make any neighborhood home, and everyone has their love for their community. Check out "Imperial Beach Needs More Girls" on Page 6.... cute (Imperial beach was where my now husband lived when I met him. It does need more girls... perhaps we'll be bringing some girls back here....soon...).


You can find the cover story here.

No comments: