Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

This week The Reader tells us how being fat ain't PHat (I had to do it, I'm sorry)


I know SD is the land of thin, beautiful people (not as bad as LA, but there was a reason why everyone kept saying to me "don't get caught up in the hype or superficiality" when I decided to head to SD, away from my Northern California roots), but it's nice to see people out there who aren't just thin and beautiful (and pseudo hipster with a side of sufer chic) and who have something to say.


Maybe all fat girls have the same story, I don't know, but I found myself thinking "isn't this how the story goes?" Fat girl realizes how fat she is, gives up, falls in love (doesn't believe it's love but here is a really good guy), fixes approach to life (in Carnie Wilson's case... gets internet broadcasting gastric bypass surgery).

Nice that articles can start to focus more on the quest for health rather than the quest for thin... when before you couldn't be skinny enough. (Enter Nicole Richie to challenge that assumption).

No comments: