Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fat Girl, Skinny City: Goth Girls do it Better

Fat Girl, Skinny City: Goth Girls do it Better.


Costume, check. Plans, check. Safe and sober driver, check. We're all ready to go for that Wednesday night they call Halloween. I ended up going with Little Red Riding Hood (no joke) as i was able to find a proper short red dress outfit thing that I didn't feel too over exposed in, yes I know that's the point of Halloween and all, but I still get a little nervous about showing all the bits and pieces before at least the first bottle of Sangria.


I've decided that Halloween is like a typical Friday night for a Goth Girl. Bare with me on this one. The more I notice the kind of costumes and outfits available to girls, the more I realize that they are just what Goth girls wear on say, a Friday night when they go out to dance around to heavy industrial music.


I've always admired Goth Girls myself, they tend to embrace their fleshy parts. They tend to show off that ample bust and wear the short skirts with the fishnet stockings, size be damned. Go out Goth spot and you'll see, size isn't the biggest issue, maybe Goth guys are too dark and deep to worry about the skinnny-ness of their women.


This is why I don't like the Emo/Hipster crowds (I'm being SOOOOOO stereotypical but I don't care, it's Halloween, I'm allowed to judge a book by it's slutty cover) because that just seems like a crowd where you can't be too thin, because depressed hip people just have to be thin.


Oh but for the Goth girls in their fishnets. I tell myself to live a little more Goth, especially on a Holiday that encourages it.


And besides, Goth has gone totally mainstream. Just the other day I was in a Halloween store and actually saw a "Goth Prince" decoration for the door. Hang up this uber cool Goth Prince with his sunglasses and bat wing necklace, nothing says "come to my house and ask for candy" then that.




*We'll be out in OB, I'll be the girl in the red with a Corona. Looking for the big bad wolf.*

No comments: