Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Friday, October 26, 2007

People are strong, they want to rebuild, lets hope the Government is strong and wants to rebuild also.

I know the government has a job to do and that job usually involves a lot of paper work. I know that in times of crisis it probably feels like things can't happen fast enough. "I don't have a home, can you just get on with it already?" So the two sides are at odds, the side that has a lot of paper work to do and the side that, wants a place to live. I am hoping for the best when it comes to rebuilding in San Diego.

The Chicago Tribune today focused on a family that hopes to rebuild. In fact while looking through the ashes of what was previously their home, their future is what's on their mind.

Lyons and his wife, Lynn, even managed a hearty laugh at the fact that a wooden picnic table that the couple had long fought about had survived."I hated that table," Lynn Lyons said. "He bought it even when I said no, that I hated it, and it's been a source of contention ever since. Now look at it -- the one thing to survive."David Lyons looked triumphant. "And you know it has to be a centerpiece in the new house now," he said.

It looks like most of the San Diego fire "victims" are proving they are not victims at all. Here's hoping the government is ready.

No comments: