Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My San Diego: Neil Hamovitch plays music (listen!)


Neil Hamovitch/Non-Prophet
Guitar
Lives in Hillcrest

My San Diego is filled with music. I run a fully-equipped rehearsal studio in Miramar called Hindsight Rehearsal Studios where local bands practice by the hour. I'm constantly in contact with musicians and bands and it's great to be a part of that community. There are so many great bands in San Diego that just aren't in the public eye and I'm lucky to have the opportunity to hear a lot of them.

On top of that I have my own band, Non-Prophet, and we play around town and have gotten to meet and play with some great San Diego (and out of town) bands. So music is a big part of my day/life.

I'm from San Diego (El Cajon originally) and I've lived in a few other cities, but this will always be home to me. Plus, even if I weren't from here, SD has so much to offer that I'd probably have moved here from whatever other city I was unfortunate enough to be born in (just kidding, other cities). Great food, beaches, desert, national parks, museums, music venues, and local bars. And it's damn near impossible to beat the weather (in case you didn't know).

One thing I really like is how different parts of San Diego have such distinct feels. North Park, OB, Kensington, La Jolla, PB, Encinitas, and Little Italy. It's almost like you're in a different city in each of those places. And the people here are nothing short of entertaining. Everyone here seems to be interesting in their own way. It must be something in the mexican food.

All about Non Prophet:

We've been a band since 2004 and have undergone a few line-up changes, but I think we've finally gotten the official roster in place. Our influences are bands like Strung Out, Lagwagon, Bad Religion, and many more. We like technical guitar riffs and drumming, but we also like simple chords and melodies. Whatever makes for a good final song. But words are rarely as good as just listening, so feel free to check us out at www.myspace.com/nonprophetband

We recently released a 6-song EP called The Catalyst, produced by Ryan Greene at Crush Recording. Our music as well as upcoming show info and merch sales can be found at www.myspace.com/nonprophetband. Our music is also available on iTunes or at www.CDBaby.com/all/nonprophet.

And they have videos!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CnyVRg4NaXs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rS7inN4GwCc

No comments: