Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Rachelle in the City: She goes and finds herself the Big O.


Rachelle in the City:
The Big O

Where does time go? It seems like just yesterday I moved to the San Diego area and already the weeks have flown by and Christmas is just around the corner. I am crossing my fingers my supervisor will let me return to New Mexico to visit my family for the holidays.

The bummer about working retail in a spa is you have to work 7 days a week, 362 days a year. This is the price I have to pay for now I guess, and hopefully it will pay off in the end. Though, a little hiss rises up in the back of my mind sometimes when I am stocking the shelves and it says, "you went to Stanford for this?"

Working and recovering from work has been my theme these past few weeks. I had Tuesday and then Sunday off last week. So weird.

My point is, my big plans of checking out cool cheap things to do around San Diego has been significantly delayed. However, that doesn't mean I haven't managed to squeeze in a few highlights to mention.

For Avery's birthday she made the long trip up to North County and we had lunch at this Japanese restaurant called Nozomi in Carlsbad. Their lunch specials are so delicious and complement that with some sake and it makes a perfect start to an afternoon (only if you don't have to return to work of course).

Afterwards, we were determined to find Geoff's friend's bar in Oceanside where she's a bartender so we could maybe score some free drinks. I had never been to Oceanside before and I don't think I will be heading back there soon, unless I want to shop at The Closet. Marines were everywhere and everything just seemed...sketchy. We finally found the bar called The Haunted Head and when we walked in all these dirty old men looked at us and since my friend wasn't working at the time we sort of looked at each other and agreed to head to the sports bar down the street instead. Oceanside has its own vibe going but it's definitely not my vibe.

My eldest aunt came into town on business and I was able to show her my apartment. She thought everything was "cute" and she took pictures of me standing in each area of the apartment so she could show my family back home.

We spent an evening in downtown San Diego having tapas at this place i kept telling Geoff over the phone was called "O" but was corrected by an irritated waiter who said the name was actually "Red Circle." What do I know. It was an alright place. They were playing some good music though...the kind I could see me and my girls getting down to. It was great to have family visiting me and I hope they come more often so I don't miss they so much.

Geoff and I declared we have gained too much weight since we got married and our goal is to start becoming more active in our daily rituals. Funny thing is that it's actually easier said then done. What better thing to do then get off work and curl up next to your loved one and read or watch TV together? I am looking forward to this coming weekend because Geoff and I are going to check out the exhibit on the Dead Sea Scrolls because we are scholarly like that. I mentioned it to Avery but she didn't sound to keen on going. I'm excited though.

No comments: