Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Monday, December 17, 2007

The Real Housewives of Orange County Come to San Diego, party like 20 year olds, make 20 year old pop culture references.



Sadly, I don't get Bravo which explains why I am unable to go on and on about Project Runway. Even sadly-er, I love this show. What is it about a bunch of older ladies who live in big houses, shop and get their hair done a lot that makes me want to visit their personal websites and find out if they are selling and or sponsoring any products that I can buy? I was an original fan actually, following the tumultuous life of Lauri as she tried (and did) to find herself a nice, rich husband. Or Jo, who tried (and did) to party her way across LA. Or even Jeana, who I actually really like, despite her spoiled brat kids and her not really there husband (I know, it's easy to judge from the other side of the TV). And since I don't get Bravo I must rely on this nice round up as the girls headed to San Diego for *spoiler alert* Jeana's first time out as a recently separated gal. From OC Register:


Vicki, Jeana, Tammy and Tamra take a slick, black limousine down to San Diego. They are celebrating Jeana's "first adventure as a single woman," since she has recently separated from her husband Matt.


The housewives are staying at the U.S. Grant Hotel, a 1940 gem that's been completely refurbished. We see an amazing 5,000-square-foot suite with a kitchen, a living room and a butler. "You are so missing out, Lauri!" the women exclaim on a balcony overlooking downtown San Diego.


The women go to Stingaree, a club, and get V.I.P. treatment all the way. Jeana contemplates her newly single situation. "There's a lot of hot guys in San Diego," she says. "They look a lot different than our Orange County guys. It's been a long time since I've been in the dating world."


The next day, the women are enjoying massages and reflect over the previous night's escapades. Jeana says she usually dates "six-foot something guys with mustaches," and reveals that she once dated Tom Selleck. Strange, Selleck and her husband, Matt, bear more than a passing resemblance.


"He says I'm nice to everyone but him," Jeana confides to Tammy about Matt. "He just doesn't like me. When I gained 20 pounds, as an athlete, that was just it for him. He's never been nice to me, ever since then."


And so we say, Jeana you are SO MUCH BETTER THAN HIM!! If San Diego is what it takes to realize it, then come on down! We've got plenty of Tom Selleck wannabes down here who would appreciate your junk in the trunk (and who wouldn't even wonder why a bunch of 40 something women are headed out to Stingaree? Really?).

No comments: