Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Street: Constantly Proving they are way cooler than me

Street went ahead and got some listage going for the old music end of the year round up. These are the best albums, according to them. I'd do a music list myself, except that I'm really, really unfashionable when it comes to that whole thing. Seriously. I would get kicked out of the hipster waiting room for humming along to Fall Out Boy or the theme song from The Hills. And so I read Street's lists with curiosity and fervor because I, one day, hope to add to my cool music list. What say you Street writers?

10. ????
9. Various Artists - "Death Proof: Original Soundtrack"
8.
Black Lips - "Good Bad, Not Evil"
7. Kanye West - "Graduation"
6. M.I.A. - "Kala"
5. Daft Punk - "Alive 2007"
4. Lil' Wayne = The Internet
3. UGK - "Underground Kingz"
2. Burial - "Untrue"
1. LCD Soundsystem - "Sound of Silver"

Yeah so um, never reallly heard of em. Ooo except Kanye, say hey Kanye, hayyyyyy! (I read somewhere this Daft Punk wasn't so good as the other Daft Punks and they are starting to sound kind of recycled in their music, that harder, faster, upper, downer song is pretty good though).


And from another Street writer:


1.Glass Candy's "After Dark" comp.2. Lavender Diamonds' "Imagine Our Love."3. "Fabricelive: 36: James Murphy and Pat Mahoney," especially the Peter Gordon and the Love Life Orchestra stuff.4.The Long Blondes "Someone To Drive You Home."5. Deerhunter. Everything by them.6. The Cool Kids. All the songs on their MySpace page.7. Chromeo "Fancy Footwork"8. Cortney Tidwell "Don't Let Stars Keep Us Tangled Up."9.Peter Bjorn & John "Writers Block" (sad but true).

Can't even give a shout out, although I do know who PB&J are, how could you not. Apparently that's sad but true.

Like I said, kicked out of the hipster waiting room.

No comments: