Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dumping out the change jar... San Diego in the News

According to this incredibly ill timed article (considering my husband and I are counting our quarters so we can get a smoothie, yes a smoothie is NECESSARY) 5 million is the new one million.

Yep, you heard it here first folks, one million is like “oh really, you have one million dollars, how cute is that?”

From the article: “It can be said that the new $1 million is $5 million,” said Ajay Gupta, vice president, wealth management advisor at Merrill Lynch in San Diego. “We’ve seen a lot more $5 million net worth families than before.” (Who are they and are they adopting?!)

I don’t know if I’m going to take this guys word for it. Mostly because when I lived in San Diego I started to get just a little jaded about proper housing prices. I once stopped on by a neighborhood open house for a small, two bedroom Spanish style bungalow about four blocks from the beach… no parking. “It’s only 989,000 dollars,” I said. Pssh, any fool can scrape up 989,000… let me start counting my quarters.

No comments: