Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Friday, September 21, 2007

*Oh yeah*



Someone pointed out to me that I seemed to have forgotten Street Scene is happening this weekend.

But I disagree.

Truth is I'm a little protesty (yes protestY) about the whole Street Scene thing since they moved it from downtown to qualcomm and finally to this years' Coors Ampitheatre. I like my Street Scene nice and IN THE STREET. Almost positive I'm not the first to hold the Street Scene masterminds responsible for this fact when it probably does have more to do with changing values of a downtown city scape... but I do.

And then I took a look at the line up for Sunday and saw that both Gym Class Heroes (of who I had NEVER heard of before the MTV Video Music Awards and I kept calling them Gym Socks whatever, yep, I'm getting THAT OLD), and TOO SHORT are going to be there.

Wait a minute, am I back in my freshman year in college? Too Short on the CD player... hiding rum in coke bottles for the football games? (I remember the first time someone arranged an MP3 list for us at a party... wow, new technology).

ANYWAY, now that I've made myself the old fart in the room. Sunday sounds like a kick in the pants... gym socks whatever, Too Short... Coors Ampitheatre.

Somewhat of a scene... I SUPPOSE.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta agree with you on the Street Scene thing. I just can't get excited over a "street scene" that somehow is held in a stadium. I guess Stadium Scene doesn't have much of a ring to it.

Anonymous said...

Gotta agree with you on the Street Scene deal, I can't get excited about a "street scene" in a stadium. I guess Stadium Scene doesn't have much of a ring to it though.