Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

National News Roundup : Personal Stories from MSNBC

MSNBC has posted personal fire stories and accounts from all over Southern California. They are still adding stories on a consistant basis. Below is a reposted Oceanside account.

'Worst fires I've witnessed in my 30 years'

I work in San Diego and was astonished by the amount of smoke along my coastal ride south on the train to work. Many of my co-workers are not at work as we have at least of half of a dozen in just my department of 30 who have been evacuated from their homes. I left early due to uncertain transportation back to the train and when I arrived at my home in North San Diego County (near Fallbrook) I'm looking at smoke from fires up here as well. These are the worst fires I've witnessed in my 30 years living in California. While many people are affected, our emergency services were as prepared as best they could for this disaster.

--Greg Weir, Oceanside, CA (submitted on Oct. 22, 2007)

No comments: