Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Monday, December 3, 2007

December is all About Lists: San Diego Blogs I Actually Read

*Yep, we're getting list happy on My San Diego Blog, because it's the end of the year and as previously noted, just because. So strap on your opinionated opinion glasses, because it's okay if you disagree, that's the point to a good list any way (IMHO). And then leave your better lists in the comments (if you so dare!).*

*The 5 San Diego Blogs I'm Reading* 2007

The San Diego Blogging scene can at times feel like a club you can only get in to if you like local music and the inner workings of Kensington Hipsters. Mantra: screw the beach, we've got coffee shop to hangout at. Still, what it really means is that there is still a lot of room in the San Diego blogosphere, a lot of non music related room actually.

5. Street. also known as wearesandiego.com
The Union Tribunes Entertainment Blog (they have a lot of other blogs too, a news blog, a news that isn't news but they still want to talk about it blog, a blog about sports etc.). It's all about entertainment, not necessarily San Diego centric. Sure they didn't hire me (what, huh? yep, I had a chance to be a streeter) but I'm not bitter, I still checkout a good Hills recap now and again (or find out who I should be talking crap about this week).
Best: Street People - for the comments and the hard hitting questions that serve up a nice picture of some really important hip and trendy type person.
Worst: Street People - for the comments and the hard hitting questions that serve up a nice picture of some really important hip and trendy type person.

4. Cat Dirt Sez
Music, music, witty commentary, music, Golden Hill, music, law, law, news, sarcasm, music, music, punchline, music...
Best: He wrote a My San Diego Feature!
Worst: And then didn't call us in the morning! Whatever, we're too good for him, yeah, too good.

3. SD Dialed In
I once wrote to Rosemary and asked if she'd want to do a guest feature for My San Diego Blog. She never wrote back. Rejected by the San Diego Blogosphere again! (Sure she's got a blog to edit, an article to write, and a day job, but still). We soldier on.
Best: Ain't nobody gonna tell you more about San Diego Music then Ms. Thang.
Worst: Not that we're bitter, but we're still waiting to hear back, not that we're bitter, or needy.

2. Last Blog on Earth
I must admit I rarely check San Diego City Beat'sBlog but for when I am at a loss for information or when it dawns on me that I haven't checked it in a while. But when I do it does provide for a chuckle, or two.
Best: Or three.
Worst: Four.

1. Voice of San Diego
They would probably call this a website but I'm putting it down as a blog (so there). Often times I am enamoured with their ability to constantly put out a bunch of original content. (Not that summarizing and commenting other people's original content isn't a VERY VALID WAY of doing this blog thing).
Best: It's a grown up blog for grown up people.
Worst: Yeah, and who's a grown up?

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Rosie's actually one of the nicest, most welcoming people I know in San Diego. She encouraged me from the beginning to start a blog of my own to showcase the photos I was taking. I haven't met a mean, exclusionary blogger in this town yet. She's just hard to pin down unless you see her at a show - because she's at one pretty much every night of the week.