Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Friday, December 21, 2007

This Week in Street People: Commenters Must be Home for the Holidays



Here at My San Diego we don't like to make fun and/or pass judgment on the fine, upstanding San Diego residents who are profiled as "Street People" (we usually depend on the comments to do that for us) but this weeks Street Person, despite his affable half smile/frown that says "hey, I don't really want this whole big deal made out of my super professional job either", John Resnick, was ripe for judgment and yet only received a paltry two comments (so far).


Comment makers are either striking in solidarity, or on vacation. Resnick (the "Vibe Manager" at The Hard Rock Hotel in Downtown San Diego whose job is to "make sure the Hard Rock rocks") didn't get "Blocked" (As we will hence forth call a complete siege of people with opinions about if this person warrants any comments at all, as was done for the great entry on John Block, writer, screenwriter, hot or not? contestant).

I'm not jealous. I'm not. I am, a little. It's not like I'd turn down the opportunity to "let rock and roll destroy me." Nor would I turn down to opportunity to warrant an actual blog entry by one Cat Dirt.

John Resnick describes his perfect San Diego weekend:"Riding my Harley up north on PCH, then back through the mountains, and getting home in time to go see a small concert with good friends. That'd be just about perfect."

John Resnick tells us the 10 songs he'd put on his perfect mix CD: 1. "Romeo and Juliet," Dire Straits2. "Just Like Heaven," The Cure3. "Bittersweet Symphony," The Verve4. "Like a Rolling Stone," Bob Dylan5. "Y Control," Yeah Yeah Yeahs6. "You Only Live Once," The Strokes7. "Lawyers, Guns and Money," Warren Zevon8. "Sweet Jane," The Velvet Underground9. "The Magnificent Seven," The Clash10. "Oh My God," Mark Ronson feat. Lily Allen

The man leads with Dire Straits, I mean that is a man you have to respect. I, personally, would have lead with Bob Dylan because he's totally hot right now. I guess that's why they pay John Resnick the big bucks.


No comments: