Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Abbie On: Life comes in waves... we ride.

Honesty is the best policy.
Abbie Berry

I’m sitting on my couch, alone in my apartment. The TV is on but I’m not listening to it and I’m not watching it.

I need to blog but I’m not sure about my topic.

I think I’ll just go with honesty.

I hope you don’t mind.

Honesty: I had a rough day.

Do you ever have those days when you’re in your own head and that’s the only place you seem to travel to?

Today: Conversations with myself. Lectures even. Making lists of things to accomplish. Things I need to say. Not knowing exactly what to do next, what I expect of myself. Protecting myself from what may hurt my heart. Trying to be honest with myself when that might be the thing that hurts the most.

Yesterday: A motivational experience. I attended a very cool event at the San Diego Sports Arena called “Your Best Year Ever.” There were six motivational speakers all of which had something worthwhile to share. The arena was filled with people of many different spiritual beliefs, all arriving with their own set of values. I appreciated everything that I was exposed to. I learned that change is definite but no change occurs without action.

No change occurs without action.

If I want change, I need to act.

http://www.yourbestyearever.org/

Tony Robbins is an amazing speaker. Terrific.

Contrast yesterday with today: Blech.

I don’t know about you but I accomplish tasks when I have a lot on my mind. I went to the Smog Check place, so now I can send in my DMV registration. Woo Hoo! My dishes are clean. My laundry is done. I have a fresh list of things I want to accomplish this week/month/year.
Yesterday + Today: Figuring out what I want in my life.

Tomorrow: Taking ACTIONS toward those things/dreams/goals.

The good news: This rough day is almost at a close. In an hour or two I’ll be asleep and it will be the start to a new predictable week in my life. It will be up to me to change that fact, make it unique in some way.

The bad news: I am alone in my apartment waiting. For my phone to ring. So that I may have a conversation with someone other than myself and until that happens it may be tough to fall asleep.

But: I am loved and that is enough.

For me.

No comments: