Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Was Planning to LiveBlog the Genius that is Carly Smithson (AKA girl with the buzz, according to Simon)



But I have this unspoken deal with my husband that we will watch it together and my husband was asleep at the time so I had to forgo witty and amazing off the cuff commentary for a post-post about last nights show.

Carly Smithson got the coveted last spot position (coincidentally the night before the coveted last spot position was held by Michael Johns, other reported "professional singer who already had record deal and apparently American Idol is all about people who don't have record deals", coincidence? Some are calling these two "the ringers.") and... well the girl has bronchitis. You may not have noticed but she was actually missing from the night before and wasn't there to cheer on the boys (some speculate she was off getting another record deal, and you never know with that girl).

A lot of the girls were supposedly sick, but as Carly (go hometown girl) belted out her tune I've never heard before she muscled through it and even managed to get a little dig in there when she said "sickness is not an excuse."

So there other girls who were walking around with the flu, Carly's a pro (as evidenced by her mic technique, so says Paula Abdul) and you all are just sick little non pros.

Anywho, I'm still voting for her because as we were sitting there watching the performances I looked at my husband and went "wait a minute, who performed before this girl? And what did she sing?"

Simon would call that "forgettable."

And Carly Smithson is the only actual name I remember. Besides "rocker chick girl", which I'm assuming is her name, I know she's a nurse and she's all "original" and stuff. So I guess I could vote for Rocker Chick Girl as well.

No comments: