Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Part II: If I leave it blank it means I don’t want to play favorites with all my favorite classical music groups and all ages venues…



Arts, Music, Movie

Best Art Museum: Museum of Contemporary Art Downtown BECAUSE that’s the first place Lori and I ever saw Transfer play (Thursday Night Thing, GO THERE). But if we’re not considering Transfer in the answering of all questions (and how could we not?!) then I’m going to say the Art Institute of San Diego Museum, there are some talented folks studying round these parts.

Best Non-art Museum : Oh man do I want to write the Museum of your Mom, but I’m going to be serious and go with the Natural History Museum.

Best Museum for Kids Natural History Museum... and I’m not just saying that because it’s really the only Museum I’ve been to that’s not an art museum.

Best Movie Theater It’s definitely the one at Mission Valley Center, and not because it provides for the best movie experience but because seriously most of the times I went there it provided for the best ENTERTAINMENT experience. Take the time I saw a guy bitch slap this teenage kid for kicking the back of his seat and insulting his girlfriend. Plus the kid had been periodically throwing AOL CD’s at the screen and giggling about it. So when he got all bitch slapped by some 40 year old guy the entire theatre started CLAPPING while the teenage kids went whining out of the theatre with their cell phones out. “Yeah, call Daddy for your ride home” someone yelled. That was the ONLY thing that made watching “The Grudge” bearable. So maybe it should be nominated for “Best Movie Theatre to watch a not so great remake of a Japanese Horror Movie.”

Best Local Club for Live Music : Ima gonna go with The Casbah. Sheesh, no brainer.

Best Large Concert Venue : I like Viejas, but I don’t know if that’s quite “large” enough.

Best Music Store : So I download…

No comments: