Now Featuring...

Abbie on... : Every Monday relationship philosopher Abbie discusses all things love, loss and San Diego.

My San Diego: Where we welcome a guest blogger who tells us all about their San Diego. Wednesdays!

Places I've Been: Every Friday Cutcha tells you about a place she's been. San Diego sites, attractions and fun. She'll tell you about her San Diego.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Places I've Been: Imperial Beach

Yes, yes, Imperial Beach, the good old IB in da hizouse, yo. I actually really like IB, bear with me a second, IB is like the neighborhood where everybody knows your name. It's got that small town, beachy vibe with a side of edgy "ooo look a homeless person" and a little "hey, I'm the loud waitress who knows everybody that comes in here so WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

It took me a little while to open myself up to IB, considering I was one of those diehard PB crazy people (I know, I know, people spend all day on their blogs talking about how douchy beach people are, whatever). But the more I have gotten to know IB, the more I realize it's just a vacation away from San Diego. Come down here to the "most Southwesterly city" and you're gonna catch some nice sun, see a quiet beach and get some good food (seriously).

Even better when the guy at the corner store remembers you and is happy that you're back. Keeps telling you "don't you want some Vitamin Water?" considering that's about all you drank when you were last in the area.

IB, San Diego's best kept secret (for reals, it says so on the real estate signs).

No comments: